Re: The Great Debate

>I graduated from college when I was 31 years old.  Does that make my college
>degree worth less because I didn't whiz through it in four years.  Sometimes
>life and circumstances dictate our pace.  I feel that my journey to a degree
>in psychology was an exercise in endurance.  I didn't give up.  I worked hard.
>I played by the rules.  I endured.  That lesson in life taught me that I could
>still "have a piece of it", even if things around me weren't perfect.  Do you
>think I was proud when I accepted my diploma and could hear my two kids yell
>out, "Yea Mom!"?  You betcha!  Will I be proud when my horse and I accept some
>sort of trinket for completing 1000 career miles?  You betcha!
>
>AERC sanctions the LD rides that my horse and I do.  The "E" in AERC stands
>for "Endurance".  What's the big deal?!   If AERC invites us to compete and is
>willing to take our money we should be able to use the word "endurance" in
>connection with what we do.

How would you feel if the year after you graduated if the requirements for
your college degree were cut i half so people would have to work so hard to
get a degree in psychology?

Truman

Truman Prevatt
Mystic "The Horse form Hell" Storm
Little Stormy - getting ready for her first ride in six years
The Rockman, a.k.a Misty Jr.
Jordy, a.k.a. Bridger - Finaly getting his shot

Sarasota, FL