Re: The Great Debate

Hi Deena~

Thanks for the reply.  You are a sweet heart.

>  I always figured the two (CTR & End.) were about the same. BUT THEY
>  REALLY AREN'T. THEY ARE TWO DIFFENENT DISCIPLINES..totally.
I've always know the difference between CTR & Endurance.  But for me and
Tucker they are both HAPPY TRAILS with water stops, vets and volunteers.  We
do rides to have fun, to camp, to be together & to enjoy some different
scenery.  We're both very simple and feel that to finish is to win.  We will
probably never "race" but hopefully we will always "complete".  That is our
only goal.

>  All RMs of sanctioned AERC rides, pay back to AERC a
>  per rider fee of $3 plus a $1 Drug Testing fee to help fund the above
>  functions.
That's what I mean by "willing to take our money".

>  Entry fees go to the person(s), org. putting on the ride to
>  fund IT...the tab runs into the thousands of $$$;
I am in RM and all of the $$$ goes through MY check book.  I know what you are
talking about :-)

>  LD riders don't have to
>  be members of AERC either..it's set up to be an entry-level category.
I believe there is a mileage program for the LD riders & I believe you have to
be a paid up member for your miles to count.  Once again. . ."willing to take
our money".

Thanks for putting on a wonderful ride at the FEC!!!  Tucker and I had a good
time and that's all we ever ask.

Wes Mallard summed it up when he used the phrase "makin' memories" in
reference to the sport of distance riding.

~Nora & Tucker
Makin' Memories 25 miles at a time :-)