Re: mileage

> I thought that Chris had a good suggestion in
>suggesting that the AERC keeps track of the LD miles and EN miles
>separately and then put them together for a total of lifetime miles. I think
>it would be a somewhat simple thing and I do not understand why that
>is asking for so much. It is not saying that LD miles are EN miles, in fact
>it is keeping the two miles separately but recognizing them both at the same
>time. Shouldn't that make everyone happy?

Simple sounding, yes.  But just because it sounds simple doesn't mean it is
a simple task to implement.  It all depends on the design and
implementation of the AERC computer system.  Modifying the software may be
simple or it may be fairly costly depending on the design requirements it
was designed to.

To be fair the AERC should go back and enter the LD milage of all previous
- which cost money to do the data entry and data merging.  So before such
proposals are sluffed off as simple and cheap, the  overall impact needs to
be considered.  There are many other items that would be higher priority if
money were to be spent on software upgrades.  One good example is keeping
records and publishing all riders in a ride (including the pulled riders)
and the reason for pull.  The statistics that resulted should prove very
useful.

Truman

Truman Prevatt
Mystic "The Horse form Hell" Storm
Little Stormy - getting ready for her first ride in six years
The Rockman, a.k.a Misty Jr.
Jordy, a.k.a. Bridger - Finaly getting his shot

Sarasota, FL