mechanical hackamore question

    Need a bit of advice.  I recently bought the "S" shaped hackamore
for my horse and was told that it should be used with neck reining as a
direct rein would cause confusion in turning with the pulling back
signaling a stop.  That made sense to me for awhile and got to thinking,
none of my horses neck rein, always used the direct signal and use the
kimberwick curb.
   Question is, how is it different?  Plenty of english riders direct
rein with curb bits and the one rein direct pull does engage the curb,
does it not?   Why then can one not use direct rein with a mechanical
hackamore?  It is only different in that it has a noseband instead of a
mouthpiece, pressure to the nose instead of bars of the mouth.
   I am completely new to the use of mechanical hackamores and trying to
undertstand how best to use them.
    I like to be able to squaw rein in an emergency.   Thankyou, Linda

Linda Eisele & Sareei and
hubby, Allen & LS Iceman
& the young LS Lakota
nevadaghostridr@webtv.net