Re: mechanical hackamore question

I have one horse who has been ridden all his life with a mechanical
hackamore. He is now 19 and has never known a bit. I neck rein and direct
rein him. You just have to remember to have light hands. You don't want
constant contact with his nose. Just use the pressure when it is time to
stop or turn or change gaits. Constant pressure will cause him to panic.
The hackamore works by pinching his nose which can interfere with his
breathing if you are heavy handed.

chris paus and cisco