Re: mechanical hackamore question

Hi,
You raised an interesting question for me. I use all the time an english hackamore with her because she didn't like the bit. It works well and I use mainly some very light leg pressure or seat change to indicate any direction change that I second if necessary by a neck rein (i understood this term as a 'rene contraire' : put the head on the opposite direction... OK :))

But it's for me very difficult to work on the neck position with this and I have the impression that she is too much on her forelegs... I'm currently gently trying to put her on a bit (first I had the teeth rasped) and I must say that I prefer the precision of the bit.

This is my experience

cheers

leonard, from belgium