Re: NOT FLUFF/mileage

>> To me, taking a 5 year old on a 100 mile ride could constitute child
>> abuse!  How many 5 year olds can concentrate on anything more than
>> 20 minutes at a time, and how many take naps?  Also, to expect a
>> child that young to have any concept of how dangerous a horse can be
>> is absurd.

In the Southeast, we made a rule that Jrs have to be 8 years old to
compete.  We did this partly on the advice of an orthopedic surgeon who
said that the young bones could be stressed by extreme conditions like
this.  I wasn't so sure about it until I heard someone talking about one
of these 5 yr old wonders.  Seems as a teen she has the knees of an old
woman.  Goodness knows we get those soon enough.

Angie (bad cartilege on the left, torn ACL on the right)

Or call Juno at (800) 654-JUNO [654-5866]