Re: Juniors

On Sun, 15 Mar 1998 13:50:51 EST Merryben <Merryben@aol.com> writes:
>People used to ask me how I made all of my juniors behave.

I had a Jr. who rode with me for several years.  When I had to ask
someone else to sponsor her when my horse pulled, I made it clear to
her...you let your sponsor cross the finish line first!

Later, I was at a ride where a front runner was sponsoring his daughter.
His horse didn't come down well,  and he talked the rider just behind him
into taking his daughter on with him.  At the finish line, the Jr. blew
past him and knocked him from about 3rd to 4th.  He was a serious points
collector and she had been out of line in my opinion.  Later, another
rider who sponsored lots of Jrs. up front said that if that kid did that
to her, she'd just stop and let a couple of minutes elapse before she
walked across the line.  Bet she wouldn't do it again!  Ha.  I doubt any
of us would do such a thing...but it's a great threat.  My Jr. and I took
turns over who crossed first, but the Jr. who borrows a sponsor should be
very polite about such things.

Angie

Or call Juno at (800) 654-JUNO [654-5866]