Re: Arabian Bloodlines

Where did it come from to stay away from BASK if you wanted to do distance riding?? ???  Not so!!  Bloodlines DO make some difference, but it should be taken into consideration for the overall picture.  Otherwise you are using tunnel vision.  Horses get characteristics from ALL in the bloodline.  Some unfortuately were LINE bred so that undesireable characteristics showed up more and more.  Some of the 'line breed' horses are simple 'inbred"!!  So the 'show' people in their attempt to get a horse that looks like the art's picture, did a LOT of close breeding.  When that happens, the offspring can have bad characteristics.  The ones not good enough to show, were either dumped out in cheap auctions or taken to slaughter so no one else would see the results of the bad breeding.  Genetics are complicated, but like a computer, GARBAGE IN, GARBAGE OUT!!
Mary Ann
Zavalla, TX