Re: Minimum Weight Rules

lindavaneq@juno.com wrote:

> On Thu, 12 Mar 1998 10:03:50 -0500 "Carlos F. Crespo" <ccrespo@nigma.com>
> writes:
> >Endurance is the only sport I know where the first ten to finish are
> >considered "winners". This has never made much sense to me. I think
> >that it
> >would be far more equitable to maintain the competition within its
> >corresponding classes, in this way you would have first, second and
> >third
> >place finishers and medal winners in each weight class instead of ten
> >overall winners. This approach would produce  more competition , more
> >participation and a hell of a bigger thrill. I am all for the Ali Vs
> >Frazier contests in lieu of Ali Vs Sugar Ray.
> >
> >Carlos Crespo
> >Florida
> >ccrespo@nigma.com
> >

> I don't know what endurance organization you are observing, Carlos.  AERC
> does recognize the weight divisions.  I can't even remember the last time
> I went to a ride that recognized Top-10.  Around here and in the AERC
> overall awards, the placings are by weight division.
>
> Lindavan

> Or call Juno at (800) 654-JUNO [654-5866]

ALL rides I have EVER attened on the East Coast have given top ten overall
and riders are LUCKY to have any recognition for being first in their weight
division...at best just first HW, LW, etc....

Teddy

begin:          vcard
fn:             Teddy Lancaster
n:              Lancaster;Teddy
org:            RUNNING BEAR FARM, INC.
email;internet: Teddy@runningbear.com
title:          President
note:           "Nearly all men can stand adversity, but if you want  to test a man's character, give him power." Abraham Lincoln    "Our government has no character"
x-mozilla-cpt:  ;0
x-mozilla-html: FALSE
version:        2.1
end:            vcard