Re: Minimum Weight Rules

On Thu, 12 Mar 1998 10:03:50 -0500 "Carlos F. Crespo" <ccrespo@nigma.com>
writes:
>Endurance is the only sport I know where the first ten to finish are
>considered "winners". This has never made much sense to me. I think
>that it
>would be far more equitable to maintain the competition within its
>corresponding classes, in this way you would have first, second and
>third
>place finishers and medal winners in each weight class instead of ten
>overall winners. This approach would produce  more competition , more
>participation and a hell of a bigger thrill. I am all for the Ali Vs
>Frazier contests in lieu of Ali Vs Sugar Ray.
>
>Carlos Crespo
>Florida
>ccrespo@nigma.com

I don't know what endurance organization you are observing, Carlos.  AERC
does recognize the weight divisions.  I can't even remember the last time
I went to a ride that recognized Top-10.  Around here and in the AERC
overall awards, the placings are by weight division.

Lindavan

Or call Juno at (800) 654-JUNO [654-5866]