LDs First!!

	I thought this was a sport for the enjoyment of horse and rider. I am a novice rider, my first ride (LD) was 2 weeks ago. I was proud to have completed the ride and taken BC. As I understand it the object at ALL TIMES is the health of the horse first. There are many of us out there who are physically able to do 50 miles on a horse. BUT, given other factors in a busy life can't give the time needed to train our horses for the 50's or 100's.  By many of the accounts given over ridecamp you are setting an atmosphere were you either do 50's or you are nothing. FINE, I really don't care if my miles are counted as long as I am comfortable with my horse's condition before and after the ride!! Once I ride her more I will gladly move up and compete with the 50's and my horse(GEORGIA) will be ready to do it. I've crewed many of these rides including Tevis and I have seen some of these longer distance riders whose horses shouldn't  have been in the ride. Hence the incredibly low completetion rate at the Oconne WMA ride 2weeks ago here in Georgia compared to the 35 out of 37 completion rate by the LD. It was the first ride of the season and it was obvious many of the horses in the 50 should have been riding the 25.

My two cents
Think about it!!

Micah