Re: Are LD miles Endurance miles? was Re: NOT FLUFF

In defense of both Joe and his position on this issue, I thought that his
marathon analogy was quite apt for the subject at hand, and I did not pick
up on any untoward sarcasm.

Positing that LD miles should not be counted towards lifetime endurance
mileage achievement is NOT thumbing one's nose at LD riders.  It is
simply accepting that there is a difference, as held by AERC, between
Limited Distance rides and Endurance rides.

At the risk of opening myself to more flames, I must say that I think
Trish's short essay on "lowering the bar" was also right on target.

And no one can accuse me of an "I've got mine, now buzz off" attitude
(which, BTW, is not at all predominant in this forum IMO), since I have
completed one LD and pulled after 3 loops of my first attempted 50.   I
don't have any lifetime miles accumulated so far!  But I will have.

I look forward to the day Lakota and I complete our first real endurance
ride.

Glenda & Lakota