Re: NOT FLUFF/mileage

>A horse or rider's career endurance miles is a measure of the number
>of miles he successfully completed on sanctioned endurance rides.  We
>don't count the miles spent conditioning, we don't count the miles on
>"fun" rides, we don't count 40 miles toward his total if he's pulled
>at 41 miles.  We don't count the miles on any ride that is not a
>sanctioned endurance ride.
>
>So no, it is not correct to say "miles are miles."

See, this is what I am talking about.  Sanctioned miles!!!!!!

Or do you think I might sneak up and catch you with my lifetime miles (not!)

I has taken me a LOT longer to accumulate what few miles I have compared to
most of you out there.  But my old mare has 100% completion rate.  I have
started 3 of my children in this sport, my youngest wants to start.  I don't
think it fair to take a 7 year old boy on a 50 mile ride his first time out.
25 may be too much.

Becky Hackworth   795 miles the hard way!