Re: Are LD miles Endurance miles?

>So, should the miles from ten mile "fun rides" held at an Endurance
>events count, too?  How about riding once around the camp?

No, I am not suggesting that these even come close.  I AM referring to
SANCTIONED events run under the same rules ( except that it is not a race,
but a training ride ) but with tim limits, vet checks and fit to continue
criteria!!!!

>Try a little experiment.  The next time a Marathon is held in your
>area, go and sign up.  But tell them you're only going to run 13
>miles, and that you'll come back next week and run the other 13.  See
>if they'll give you credit for running a Marathon.

Haven't you ever heard of a 1/2 marathon.  Yes they are real events.