Re: riding attire for wide feet

I too, have D-width feet and have been wearing Millers "Heels Down" for
several years.  I like the ankle support, but they aren't nearly cushioned
enough for running with your horse, nor is the tread right for running
trails.  The toe box isn't roomy enough for the downhills either.  I've
done a little reading on the subject, and the New Balance 851 and Asics 126
and 130 seem to have a large following.  I like a bit more forefoot
cushioning, whether riding or running, than the Heels Down shoes offer.
Some manufacturers are starting to come out with regular trail shoes, but
they're pricey right now.
~Nikki