Re: NOT FLUFF

<< My Webster Dictionary describes endurance as" the
 ability to last, stand pain,etc."  The L.D. riders did just that.  Keep on
 truckin you beginners!   >>
Yeah...I can tell you of about a dozen trainers who would consider 25-35 miles
a grueling experience. Endurance? Of course! About half as tough as 50 miles.
Absolutely! BEGINNERS? No - better include green horses, old horses, rehab
horses, handicapped riders, old riders and junior riders in that. Nowhere
there is the word beginner, but of course, LD has always been considered the
haven of the inexperienced. While this is where beginners SHOULD start, there
is an increasing number of NON- beginners is the LD rides as well for the
reasons noted above.

In my musings (?) I recall people saying I was NUTS for breezing racehorses.
My HANDS truly believed that this was endurance. Ever tried to balance and
control a horse with no other training than to run like the devil? It is all
relative, but in any case, by most any definition, LD is still endurance.
Hmmm...so is raising kids:)!