Beet Pulp

have noticed very different smells in the shredded beet pulp I buy.
There have beens several brands available to me here, and I have found
big differences between them.  One smelled like nothing, one smelled
like cat pee and the current brand I am using usually smells sweet, like
molasses.  I suppose there is no way to quality control as it is a by
product from the sugar beet industry.  Anyway, the horses love the one
that smells good, and turn up their noses at the others.  Try shopping
around for different brands.
Katee