Re: Trailers & Amenities

Karen,
My husband designed my trailer and we had it built by Sooner.  Lee, my
husband, built out the interior himself.  We used styrofoam for
insulation, but what I did for the ceiling was take it to a car
upholstery place and have them carpet the ceiling!  Love it!  We used
paneling for the walls but it really didn't do well.  It's really hot
here on the Gulf Coast and the adhesive gave and the panels buckled.
This winter, I took it back to the car place and had it all done in
carpet.  Best decision I've made.  Really like it now.  It stays much
warmer and I expect it to stay cooler in the summer too because it seems
to be sealed better somehow with that carpeting.

We bought cabinets at Home Depot and installed them.  Work terrific.
Put a microwave in there, installed a generator, and viola!  Instant
cooking.  I have a shower, potty and sink in a small triangular shape.
The heater is propane and there's also a small 6-gal. water heater
(propane).

The best thing is that we have 80 gallons of water.  The horses get it
first of course but there's plenty left over for showers, etc. for me.
even if I bathe the horse (I generally have no more than 2 horses)
These water tanks (2 40-gal tanks of the heavy-duty marine tanks) sit in
front of the gooseneck bed and are covered to be a seat or step-up to
the bed.

It's not fancy like some of the ones you buy already done, but it really
serves the purpose for primitive camping like we do.  It also has an
awning which I really like--keeps off the sun and rain.

Have a good time -

Anita Burson
Huffman, Texas