Re: HW vs. others

In reference to heavyweight training,
Can't remember where I read the article, but there was a study...in
Australia I believe.  They found you could train a horse with a heavy
weight and get him averaging a certain HR.  You could train another horse
with a Featherweight and get a certain HR.  They would end up averaging
about the same.  Then, take the featherweight and put him on the
heavyweight's horse...as you and Tina did, and you have an endurance
machine...for a while.  Then they let the horses go back out of condition
and switched which rider trained which horse.  What they came up with
was, a horse could be trained to carry either weight at efficient heart
rates, after awhile the playing field leveled out BY TRAINING WITH THE
WEIGHT THEY WOULD CARRY.  The only way to get a real advantage was for a
heavyweight to train the horse, and a featherweight to compete it.

Since you and Nina are on the wrong side of this equation, Coujor should
need lots of time with you on his back, or maybe Nina could eat more.
:-)  However, It's easy to see how Embers won that BC after you sold him
to Tina.

Angie

>I had a horse Desert Embers. I got him totally unbroke. I did all the
>base
>on him, and that was fine.  he was used to my weight.
>Tina Hicks--a FW, bought him from me.  We compared his heart rate
>while
>she was riding him..same saddle, same terrain, same pace, etc.  it was
>amazing the difference.

Or call Juno at (800) 654-JUNO [654-5866]