Re: snow again!

I really was planning on the Antelope ride however, within the last three
weeks we have been involved in the great horse switch.  My gelding that I
had been conditioning since last summer has been traded to a friend in order
to get her kid-safe, dead-broke gelding in order that my family can ride
more.  Also, I have always wanted to learn to ride English but have never
really had the opportunity to do much with that.  A friend of mine that
teaches dressage and jumping has offered me the use of one of her
older/well-trained horses to learn on this summer.  This is a really good
chance for me to gain some experience for very little cost and I, of course,
told her yes.  ALSO, we found an Arabian/cross pony also for the kids that
is really gentle and will give them lots of confidence.  My husband's mare
is also suitable as a family horse.  This puts us up to four horses this
year and, Man, I am feeling a little overwhelmed at this point.  I still
really want to do endurance but am wondering if I have to have an Arabian to
start in this.  Could I condition and train the new Quarter Horse that I got
for the kids, and my husband's mare (Paint) to do LD's and kind of learn the
ropes of this and then when I feel a little less over-horsed keep an eye
open for a good endurance prospect?  I must have one of the basic
requirements for this sport-my husband says he doesn't know anyone else that
would rather ride than do anything else.  (Yes-in all kinds of weather and
usually by myself)  Love ridecamp-have learned TONS!  Always hoping to learn
more.

Carrie
Yes-still riding in the snow in Ogden, UT