Re: RE: Energy used in a 50 by LW vs HW by your formula

Ridecampers,,,,,, As a life long heavyweight its been a real pain in the
rear to watch the flyweights receive all the adulation.  Last year I went
and looked up how the thoroughbred folks handicap for a race.  Very
interestion data came form that research.  Without going into the detail
the 1/2 point is quite unfair to the heavyweights.  Won't point fingers
here.  A few years back there was a change made in the rules so a couple of
lightweights could win the B.C. they thought they deserved.  I'll make this
real simple.  A normal grain bag weighs 50#.  I weigh in at 233 tack and
all.  Some flyweights can't make 133.  In any event all one has to do is
strap on 2 of those grain bags and run for 50 or 100 miles.  Come see me
when you are done.  My bet is I'll have been in camp long before the
flyweight gets there.  Power to the Heavyweights......Jerry Fruth