Re: miss manners

Kat, this is a relatively new 'problem' with my mare.  Usually the word NO
said very firmly usually fixes anything that is unacceptable whether on the
ground or while riding.  On this particular day nothing I tried seemed to
work.  In discussing this off line with someone else I have decided  when
this happens again I will dismount and do ground exercises until she stops
bellowing (pays attention exclusively to me) then remount and hopefully go
for a nice quiet ride, of course if she starts again get off again get her
attention, etc.  The trick of course is to always have all the time in the
word to fix the problem and, when riding with others, considerate riding
companions who will let you 'fix' the problem rather than want to just keep
going.  This mare is usually extremely quiet, doesn't whinny when alone.
It was very odd and very annoying and something I am not accustomed to
dealing with so I didn't/don't have a if this happens this is what I will
do response, which is why I asked the list for suggestions.

When you say correct them, what particular technique do you use?

Thanks for responding.

KcA & Rose & Archie (who doesn't understand what all the fuss is about)