Fwd: Other riders' crews

-- BEGIN included message

OK I finally have a good opening to gripe about something that happen at
ROCthis year.  To preface,  the Southeast has a wonderful rep for helping
all riders and teams at ROC and I have been personally thanked hundreds
of times by other riders.  It's just the thing to do <Southern hospitality>
carried 1 step further.  Anyway...<Iam getting to the point I promise>...
This year at ROC there was no solo division so I was able to take advantage
of crews and even sat down at the vet check a time or two.  Melissa
Crain and I were riding together and came to a water stop early in the ride.
There were no crew people for our team there but Mels horse acted like he
might drink so we rode up to a bucket and asked for permission to offer
her horse a drink and.....would you believe....the woman said NO, red team
only.  We rode on and found a puddle so the horse made out OK.
The reasons I am writing this are:  1.  I want that woman to realize what
she did.  2.  I want to recognize every other crew at ROC because for
days they helped everyone.  3.  I am still mad about this and just had to
get it off my chest..  Thanks for letting me vent.
Newbies, the absolutely best part of this sport are the people in it.  As I
have said a million times ,,,it's family.

Susan K

-- END included message