Cribber Help & Oconee WMA

I need Some assistance, we presently have a horse that we are boarding
for a close friend and he a cribber. We have tried every thing I can
think of. He can crib on anything including metal fence posts and he's
making a mess of our nice cedar corner posts. Our local vet suggested
Reserpine, but I had another vet tell me that the drug is like playing
dice, sometimes you get a batch that work and sometimes you don't. The
horse's owner wants to do some LD rides but the horse is as skinny as a
rail and we can't seem to get any weight on him because he cribs all the
time. Does anybody have a good suggestion or two for a neophyte rider.

Aside from my dilemma I would like to thank Peggy Clark and her whole
crew for an excellent ride this past weekend (THE OCONEE WMA). It was my
first LD ride and I do believe I am hooked. I ended up with an excellent
horse (GEORGIA) from Donna Jackson. Georgia has definitely done this
before and I think all the credit for the BC goes to her. Given a little
more condition, FOR ME,  and I think we are really going to enjoy this
sport. Anyway thanks to all who have helped this neophyte get started.

--
              Micah G. Callough

mcallough@itos.uga.edu