camping support-please read

For anyone who has allowed distance riders to camp on or near your
property, please read on.

The GMHA 100 mile ride is the oldest 100 in the country.  Many of you
have ridden it and many more heard of it.  It is a great ride, with
one exception.  Overnight camping has not been allowed on GMHA
grounds for over twenty years.  Why?  Years ago the grounds were
rented out to a Morgan show and they whooped it up.  Understandably,
the neighbors were not happy, but we have been suffering since.  This
puts a hardship on our riders as they have to find housing which is
expensive and a far drive.  Dr. Heather Hoyns is heading a committee
to persuade the selectmen to allow camping for trail rides by
permit.  We understand some of the neighbors are going to object.  We
would like to go into the meeting next Wed. armed with letters
stating that camping occurs on or near  properties and that distance
riders are responsible and quiet campers.  Please state the name of
the ride, the date and the location, how many campers there are, who
the ride manager is and any other pertinent information you consider
appropriate.  Thank you for your support!!!!!

 You can e-mail me or send them via the mail to Sue Greenall, RR1,
Box 503, Windsor, Vt 05089.

John and Sue Greenall
mailto:greenall@vermontel.com