Energy used in a 50 by LW vs HW by your formula

Susan,

from the formula - it would seem that the difference between a 165 lb
rider and a
210 lb rider is only about  4% in energy expenditure for the same
distance/time. Your original calculation had 4 hours vs. 6 hours for the
weights
and looked much bigger.

This seems to be pretty small and not justify the differences in scoring

for BC
and also not to fit with my perception that carrying HW is much harder
for a horse.

Your thoughts?

Mike
mmaul@flash.net