Equine senior

You know, I recently (a couple years ago) found out that there are
excellent  pellets made out of oats instead of alfalfa.  Rope 'n Ride,
or Stable Mix are two good ones.  They don't make the horses "hot" and
they aren't alfalfa.  Stable Mix turns into oatmeal when mixed with
water and the horses LOVE it.  I haven't mixed the Rope "n Ride with
water yet, so not sure how long it takes to mush up.

I like these pellets served wet with a few slices of apple or perhaps a
carrot on the side (for color, you understand) for vet checks.  And of
course you could add beet pulp, electrolytes etc.   And  the horse will
have.....