Real Gun Story (painful)

> Geez.. the last thing I would want is the horse to spook and me end up with
> the imprint of a gun in a shoulder holster in my ribs.
> Truman

A friend of mine (as a lot do) was carrying his relvolver in a sholder holster
when his horse stumble down a very steep trail and tossed rider on the ground.
He landed on his gun.......no, it didn't go off.....but it burst his spleen.
Unbeknownst to him!  He nearly died by the time he got out to the trailhead and
figured out something was wrong.  Emergency surgery fixed him up, but he was
lucky he didn't bleed to death internally. I do carry my guns in a pommel
pack...easy to reach, but not in danger of going off accidently or embedding
itself in my side!--
Deanne Del Vecchio & Gabe~~who hates guns shots & is a basket case during
hunting season
Creative Computer Concepts
South Lake Tahoe, CA
delvecchio@geocities.com