Weapon as Camping Equipment

From: Jean Wonser
Email: cpfjean@bellsouth.net

l.  Last spring I carried a petition from the NRA (I am a proud member) around Camp petitioning Congress to enact  legislation that states would respect other state's right to carry permits.  Of about thirty who signed only 3 refused.

2.  With a permit to carry a concealed weapon anyone must pass a rigorous series of tests and qualificationsin Florida.   Anyone who is a beginner with guns should practice plenty, and those more experienced need to practice too.

3.  One secret to not getting your own gun used against is never let a stranger close to you or your horse.

4.  There are dandy holsters that rest just above the waist and tight below the armpit.  With a baggy shirt it is pretty invisable. The other secret is a very small .38 like the Smith and Wesson model 60, 2 inch barrel.  Stainless steel is practical.

5.  And finally the rider that asked for verification of her understanding of how to shoot a horse, the ear to eye  X is correct and done at a down angle will drop them instantly.  That is the location for any   animal I have shot, for instant relief.  .38 cal  is ok but if you are home a .357 better for a horse.  (a .357 is pretty big to carry concealed)

Everyone should know gun safety and the first rule is all guns are loaded, and never point at something unless you could plan to pull the trigger.  There is a dead  teen ager in Alachua County tonight because he was playing with friends and a .44.  The shooter is l5 years and I personally feel he deserves to be tried, not the woman who was at work and simply owned the gun.  Parents should all teach their children gun safety.

See you on the trail at Florida Endurance Classic,

Jean Wonser
on CPF Zywy