guns and beasts

We have had bull elk in the rut actually kill calves that are 400-500 pounds
             (crushed ribs, etc.), and have had them threaten us on horseback--can be a
             hair-raising experience.  Not a situation where I would recommend shooting,
             but sure pays to keep one's eyes open and get the heck out of the anger zone!

             Heidi Smith, DVM--Sagehill Arabians (Oregon)

I'd rather avoid them or run from them...but I have heard some hair-raising stories...sometimes it is WORSE to run!!!!  Sure hope I never have to use the 357 on ANYTHING or ANYONE!!!!  I shake at having to shoot a fatally injured critter on the road!!!

Teddy