Re: now you've got me worried!

dpfreed@webtv.net

             I am truly dismayed by the weapons discussions on ridecamp.  At this point in my life I choose to combine the "look for the best in folks" with the "avoid trouble" with the "run 'em down" philosophies but I am concerned about potential backcountry accidents.

             Is tere a humane way to put an injured horse down?  One old horseman told me that pingpong balls are often used for horses that die from over-insurance.   I don't now if that would really owrk or not....vets??? anyone know????  I'd rather pack acouple of ping-pong balls for an emergency than a 357.   Thanks. jan

A big rock or sledge hammer and a STRONG arm...

Hey, I'd rather use a gun and do it right than anguish at thumping my horse's head repeatedly....

Teddy