Re: horses/dogs

> >was wondering if anyone else has horses that like dogs?  I have 2 german
> >shepherds who at first would  just go out and stay with the horses, but
> >that changed...soon the dogs were running after the horses, then the horses
> >turn around and chase the dogs!

Our horses react differently to each of our different dogs.  Solo and
Ripley the border collies run out and even though the horses don't move,
they run in tight little circles trying to herd them.  After about
thirty seconds of that nonsense, the horses get fed up and chase them
out of the paddock.  Jenny, the newcomer is seen as a Rookie so she's
allowed to whiz under bellies, stand wagging her tail in their faces and
getting under their feet and they just look peeved.  The visiting
muttski who is too dopey to I think even realize he's being a pest is
also tolerated.  Any strange dogs are instantly chased and threatened
with getting stomped into the mud.

Squeaky the barn cat is allowed to sit underneath, on top, behind and
swat at tails and all the horses just stand there with benign looks on
their faces.

Susan Garlinghouse