Re: guns and beasts

>We have had bull elk in the rut actually kill calves that are 400-500 pounds
>             (crushed ribs, etc.), and have had them threaten us on
>horseback--can be a
>             hair-raising experience.  Not a situation where I would
>recommend shooting,
>             but sure pays to keep one's eyes open and get the heck out of
>the anger zone!
>
>             Heidi Smith, DVM--Sagehill Arabians (Oregon)
>

>I'd rather avoid them or run from them...but I have heard some
>hair-raising stories...sometimes it is WORSE to run!!!!  Sure hope I never
>have to use the 357 on ANYTHING or ANYONE!!!!  I shake at having to shoot
>a fatally injured critter on the road!!!
>
>Teddy

I am not sure a .357 would do much to a bull elk except piss it off unless
you hit it precisely.  To do that you would need to be a lot closer than I
would want to be.  In a situtation a shotgun with a slug or a rifle would
be about the only choice.

Truman

Truman Prevatt
Mystic "The Horse form Hell" Storm
Little Stormy - getting ready for her first ride in six years
The Rockman, a.k.a Misty Jr.
Jordy, a.k.a. Bridger - Finaly getting his shot

Sarasota, FL