Re: Gluing on Pads

I was reading the queries and responses to this and then the thought struck
me, in a couple of years, people are going to be running on the list: how
do I remove my worn pads to
replace them? What dissolves this adhesive or am I going to have to just
buy new stirrups?

My husband, the traditional saddlemaker, already thought of this. He
wrapped a piece of corrugated rubber mat over foam on my stirrups and used
little screws on the under side of the stirrups to prevent the rubber from
slipping. He did glue the rubber and the foam to the stirrups with contact
cement first.  Already two very traditional cowboys have commented about my
stirrups and want him to make them a pair. He he. I'm waiting for those
guys to break down and wear tights...it could happen.

Cathy Adair
Ash Grove MO