Re: Weapons

In a message dated 98-03-03 03:00:31 EST, cadair@prodigy.net writes:

<< Are there any other women who ride primarily alone & carry a weapon
 and if so what kind and have you ever needed it? And just where do you
 carry it anyway?  >>

Have not carried a weapon on horseback since my ranching days, but when I did,
it was carried on a saddle holster, not on my body.  (Those were more innocent
days and it was just one more tool.)  A gun in a fanny pack is a scary
thought...

As much as I am a proponent of gun ownership, I would reiterate that at NO
time should you be armed unless you KNOW how to use a gun, and are well-versed
in gun safety.  And as someone else said, NEVER point a gun at somebody unless
you perceive them to be a very real threat to your life or safety, and ONLY do
so if you are completely willing to pull the trigger.

Heidi Smith, DVM--Sagehill Arabians (Oregon)