Re: riding and weapons

I generally don't carry a gun and I have been advised over and over to
do so.  In fact, because I travel a fair amount either alone or with
another woman (hubby doesn't do the "horse thing"), a couple of friends
on the Houston Police Dept. have said, "don't carry a gun, carry 2
guns".  These officers are both male and female.

The first long trip I took, I did as they advised.  I felt a little
silly though.  I had absolutely no problems with people or critters and,
in fact, had several very nice people stop to help me out when my engine
overheated, etc. etc.  I have, indeed, met only the best the human race
has to offer when traveling with my horses.  It may not always be this
way, but I'd like to think that it will .  . . . .

Anita