Re: riding and weapons

Ask any law enforcement agent.  As soon as a gun is drawn a situtation is
escalated.  Most would rather not draw a gun and don't unless absoluted
necessary.  Guns at rides can lead to real trouble.  Several years ago
there was a shotting at a ride in the Southeast.

An angery resident of the neighborhood where the basecamp was located
confortned a rider coming into camp with a gun.  Someone from the ride then
confornted this resident with a gun and the resident was shot and is
crippled for life.  All selfdefense, but a tragedy non the less.

I am not against guns, I own a couple. Back as a kid in Kentucky, there
were always a couple guns in the truck to take care of wild dogs in the
cattle, etc.  But I don't carry them when I travel or go to rides. I never
thought it necessary.

Truman

Truman Prevatt
Mystic "The Horse form Hell" Storm
Little Stormy - getting ready for her first ride in six years
The Rockman, a.k.a Misty Jr.
Jordy, a.k.a. Bridger - Finaly getting his shot

Sarasota, FL