Re: Weapons

 but to my
> knowledge there isn't a state in the Union that doesn't require a special
> permit for carrying a concealed weapon.

 I  hadn't thought about it being a concealed weapon. I was thinking about
where to carry it without it being in my way while riding. Obviously, I
haven't gotten any further then speculation....

>"Never point a gun at anybody unless you are prepared to shoot them with
it."

Around here there's been countless women kidnapped etc etc whose bodies
have been found later here. Enough that I am thinking about what I should
do to protect myself should I be accosted by someone who is threatening me.
You locals in SW MO/NW AR know what I am talking about! Angie's Halt sounds
like a possibility.

> I have never felt threatened in any way when I am out on the trail.  Most
> people, in fact, feel quite threatened by me.  I am, after all, the one
on
> the thousand pound animal with hooves and teeth.  If I truely felt
> threatened by anybody while I was out riding (including mountain lions,
> coyotes, and the other sundry wild life we have around here) I would
> simply charge them on my horse--far more effective than a gun.

When they are in a 4 x 4 pointing a gun at you?? That's why I was thankful
I could got out of sight quickly, what if I couldn't have?? Then what?
Animal predators have never worried me - they usually duck out of sight
when they see us coming - watching all that shying and such on the Arab
mare frightens them I think. I believe they think we would accidently run
over them.... The Appy mare does charge dogs and such and I would rather
she didn't - I meet a lot of dogwalkers on some trails and don't want hard
feelings towards horsebackriders. I smile and keep on agoing... Hopefully
their hands are so full with their leashed dogs they can't grab at my
horse.

Cathy