Re: riding and weapons

>considered weapons in camp until it was brought up on Ridecamp! We
>always
>have vets and horse trailers nearby to get injured animals. I lock my
>truck
>and trailer tack compartment when I'm away from my campsite and I've
WHOA! EVERYBODY!

NOBODY, ever said they might need one at the camp!  We were talking about
elsewhere!  I said that if I was on a 50 mile loop in Tellico Plains at
night, I would carry one, but I really never feel vulnerable on a horse
other than in a situation like that.  Now, hiking way out
back...maybe...but not for Grizzlies!  If you kill them...it just makes
them madder!

We pulled over WHILE HAULING across New Mexico to fix sandwiches on side
of the freeway.  Very little traffic.  Suddenly, a toothless guy with a
torn up truck (said he was from Alabama) shows up asking us to give him
some money.  My friend was talking with him outside.  I dropped my
mayonnaise knife and picked up my gun.  This is not the same as carrying
one around a ridecamp.

Angie

Or call Juno at (800) 654-JUNO [654-5866]