Re: riding and weapons

Hi Ann,

I'm from Kansas, as redneck a state as you can find, but I've never even
considered weapons in camp until it was brought up on Ridecamp! We always
have vets and horse trailers nearby to get injured animals. I lock my truck
and trailer tack compartment when I'm away from my campsite and I've never
had anything bad happen yet. My only weapon is my leatherman tool which I
use mostly to break the wire tied hay bales I carry.

As Paden said in Silverado, "You have to go through life as if no one is
your friend or everyone is." I choose the latter. I'm 46, I've seen some of
the seamier sides of life and have still gotten by pretty well by trusting
people.

I would much prefer dogs in camp to protect people's stuff (oh gawd, don't
open THAT discussion up again) than firearms.

Good luck on rides this year everybody. Let's all be safe.

chris