Weapons in Camp

Thank you, Ann Hatfield, for your post.

I'm a newbie, hoping to be ready to compete in 1999.  I'd been reading all
the posts about how everyone on a ride is happy to help others, etc., and
then I see a message about needing a gun because the person camping next to
you might be a threat.

I live in [that's IN, not in the vicinity of] one of those "big, bad
cities" on the east coast of the U.S., and I do not need a gun.  Are you
all saying that I'll need one at ridecamp?

Cindy Eyler & Jack
Baltimore MD