GAG's

I know this has been discussed before, but I am interested in the latest
consensus on the use of chondroitin sulfate supplements such as Flex
Free, Cosequin, or one of the other brands.  My situation is that I am
starting a 5 year old that I bred, imprinted at birth, and have high
hopes for doing a lot of miles over the next 15 years.

What has been the experience of people who have used these supplements?
Is giving them to a young horse just starting his career with no current
problems a good idea, or just a waste of money?  Is there any advantage
of one particular brand over another?

Phil Gardner