Re: Convention

Jerry,

Locations of National conventions are always a problem.  My
professional organization holds an annual convention.  It rotates
around the 5 divisions (northeast, north central, etc.) and is never
held in the same place twice.  When the meeting is in the west, there
is high attendance from westerners and lower attendance from
easterners.  The reverse is true when it is in the east.  (Just
imagine what it is like to be from Hawaii or Alaska!) That is why the
meeting moves.  On the other hand, nationals (in this case a show)
for my breed group are ALWAYS held in the south east (I could make
some polical statements about that!).  Needless to say this limits
participation by westerners, even those of us who don't show.

So the issue here is twofold.  Do we in AERC what to have the biggest
convention possible?  Or do we want to give everyone an occassional
opportunity to participate?  Personally, I am for occassional
participation.  But this must be balanced with being able to have
the speakers and vendors there to make it a good meeting.

I don't have much history with the AERC conventions, so please don't
flame me.

Linnea & Pesadilla