Re: Saddles?

lth wrote:

> Just curious . . . . . . . . Has anyone ever used a saddle made by
> the "Custom Tree and Saddle Co." in Chapmansboro, TN?  I noticed they
> make an endurance type saddle that can be made with 3-way adjustable
> stirrup positions.  Their URL is www.steelesaddle.com
>
> Linda Hedgpeth
> Wasco, CA
> lth@lightspeed.net      That is the Steele saddle;they also are a custom tree outfit,and
are very nice people.The Steele can be acquired free as a road test model
with a very hefty deposit to cover Steele's risk. The Steele is a top
quality item,a modern day derivative of the plantation saddle genre,altho
it is not much like a Buena Vista.Not a high tech saddle in any way,which
may be a good thing.They will work closely with you,and make things your
way,but in many ways,the Steele is "neither here nor there",in my
opinion.It is a very conventional saddle,and I think the advantage it
poses would be the fact that they will work with you to get it the way
you need it.They have a web site,search "Steele Saddle"