Re: The Limited Distance Dilemma

On Tue, 27 Jan 1998 08:46:47 -0800, Terry Woolley Howe
<cancer@inetworld.net> wrote:

>The issue
>is that, although the horse may be capable of doing longer distances,
>the rider may not be able to or willing to ride the longer distances,
>but still wants recognition.

And here's where I have a real problem with that.  If they want
"recognition" for having ridden a limited distance, OK.  But if they
want "recognition" for having completed an ENDURANCE ride when they
were either unable or unwilling to do so, that is not OK.

If I go to a track event and enter the 2-mile "fun run" or even the
10K, I don't expect to get recognition for having run a Marathon.  If
I had only one leg I still wouldn't demand recognition for having run
a Marathon when I only ran a 10K, just because I had a handicap.

--

Joe Long
jlong@mti.net