ride food

Since my first appeal, posted on Jan 1, only garnered 4 replies with one
food each, I am assuming (hoping?) it simply got lost in your collective
holiday email backlogs and was deleted without being read first. <g> I
actually got more "I'm so glad you're asking this question" replies than
I did answers. :(

So, here's the deal:  I'm looking for suggestions of good foods to eat
just before and during a ride -- things that will stick to your ribs
without upsetting your tummy, things that keep well, pack well, etc.  I'll
collect the responses and put them in a FAQ that maybe Steph could post on
endurance.net.  So far this is what I have:

pop tarts
cold milk
applesauce & mandarin orange slices
Honey Peanut Balance bar

Oh, yes, Tracy said to be sure and NOT eat "hotter than hot" enchiladas :)

So?  Favorite foods or simple recipes, please!

Glenda & Lakota (25 down, 1000s to go!)