Re: ride food

>So?  Favorite foods or simple recipes, please!

Hi Glenda:

Well, as with anything related to endurance...everybody seems to like
different types of food.  With me, I am always changing what I want. That's
why, when I come into camp my husband always waits until I am there to ask
"what do you want to eat".  He learned a long time ago that whatever he
would 'assume' I would want and he'd make ahead..that I wouldn't touch it.

These are things I like to carry with me in my saddle pack or pockets:

Beef jerky
Licorice
Peanuts/cashews/honey rusted peanuts
Gu (definitely my favorite!)
Small sized power bars
Carrots
Apples

For eating in camp:

Cup of soup (just have to heat up water that way)
leftover bbq'd pork chops
Pickles
Ensure (meal in a can)
Bananas
Oranges
Peanut butter sandwiches
Saltine crackers w/ cheddar cheese
Tuna salad sandwich
Kern's juices:  banana/strawberry & apricot
Cookies
Yogurt
Thermo-T
Cytomax
Fruit cup
Applesauce (which also gets used to mix electrolytes)

That's about it.  Usually, the only thing that really keeps me going is
having several Gu's...otherwise, I don't eat enough.

Happy Trails,

Karen
in Gardnerville
& Dream Weaver