Re: picket lines

On Fri, 16 Jan 1998 21:58:48 -0600 Chris Paus <paus@micoks.net> writes:
>Me too. I don't really sleep much in camp. I always have one ear open
>for
>Star. And I think he does for me too. He talks to me during th e
>night.
>Once, however, I woke up in the middle of the night and checked on him
>and
>he had the rope wrapped around his legs. He was just standing there
>waiting
>for me to rescue him.
>
>I learned as a youngster, longer ago than I care to remember, how
>quickly
>horses get themselves, and us into trouble. When I was 14, I tied my
>horse
>to a picnic table on a concrete patio. BAD IDEA i found out in a split
>second.... She moved her head, the table scraped on the patio and made
>bad noise, and the rest is history.... smashed picnic table, broken
>bridle,

We should all learn our lessons as youngsters.  Like the time I had the
great idea to leave a pony tied to an old tire with about 20' of rope.
That way she could drag it around and eat.  For some reason, I left her
out all night.  She was recovered the next morning a mile from home
wrapped around a tree in someone's yard.  (We lived in the suburbs).  I
never did find the brushes that I had left stored inside the tire!  :-)

Angie