Re: FCC examines potential for e-mail charges!

Linda -
	I'm not sure this is so clear-cut.  Throughout rural (as most of it is)
Montana, Universities, school systems and local governments are fighting
this issue right now.  It's possible that urban centers have squelched the
idea already, but it is deep doodoo for locals here, and perhaps the best
approach is to ask your own server what the status of the issue is in your
area.  Perhaps I am just an old jaded cynic, but I can tell you that I
would not put anything past our local telephone company.  Mary
----------
> From: Linda B. Merims <lbm@ici.net>
> To: ridecamp@endurance.net
> Subject: Re: FCC examines potential for e-mail charges!
> Date: Saturday, January 17, 1998 12:09 PM
>

> On Sat, 17 Jan 1998, Mary Burgess wrote:
>

> > Hi Patrick -
> > 	You have the correct e-mail address.  This is not a website, just a
> > special e-mail address to handle comments on the issue.  If it did not
work
> > for you the first time, there may be a server glitch.  Those are
usually
> > temporary, and will ultimately respond.  We have had friends nationwide
use
> > this address successfully, so keep trying.  Thanks for your interest,
Mary